Mission and Vision of Samson College of Health Sciences
Samson College of Health Sciences exemplifies the mission of University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. We empower students to acquire the scientific and technological knowledge, values and skills required for innovative client/patient-centered practice and for leadership in their chosen health science profession. We provide an education that prepares students intellectually, culturally and ethically for their professional lives.
To accomplish this, we:
- create an environment that promotes student-centered learning and living
- continually improve student learning, program quality, and college effectiveness through systematic assessment and quality improvement
- create, implement and promote treatments and programs that maximize client health and well-being
- foster faculty expertise and excellence in areas of teaching, research and/or scholarship, service, and entrepreneurial activities
- create and disseminate new knowledge and skills in selected areas of inquiry in the health professions.
- cultivate a commitment of service to health professions and to the community
Samson College of Health Sciences will be recognized nationally for its science-based education of health professionals. The faculty will be recognized as role models for practice, scholarship and service. Graduates will become innovative leaders in their professional practice, education, scholarly activities and administration.