what you need to thrive in a rewarding career from the Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy’s BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business
- A specialized business education from a leading institution focused on the largest sector of the U.S. economy
- Personal attention from renowned professors with real-world expertise
- A seamless transition from studying to working
How effective is our program at preparing you to succeed? According to a recent survey of our alumni*:
- 100% of May 2014 graduates received a job within one month of graduation; typically, at least 85% of graduates have jobs within six months of graduation
- 92% of May 2014 graduates completed at least one internship
- 86% received at least one promotion or changed jobs for an increased salary
- 42% make more than $75,000 per year – 61% make over $50,000
Increase your employment value
The program’s unique blend of business and science puts you on a faster track to advancement. You learn by doing, so you build broad-based business capabilities and practical skills, coupled with in-demand industry knowledge.
You benefit from the very latest thinking in critical fields and learn to utilize state-of-the-art tools. And as your mind expands, you’ll be prepared to adapt to the next waves of change.
Each year, you’ll improve as a leader, teammate and entrepreneur while building excellent critical thinking, problem solving, oral and written communication skills—the backbone of your career.
Make strong connections
USciences, and the pharmaceutical and healthcare business program in particular, is known for its close-knit, family feel. Students mutually support one another and receive hands-on assistance from faculty. You benefit from:
- A small and inclusive personal environment with a high degree of faculty attention (our student to faculty ratio is 9:1)
- Our growing network of clients, adjunct faculty, alumnae and guest lecturers from the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- Well-connected professors, all with industry experience, who help students secure valued internships
Are you ready to put yourself on the path to career success with a BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business from Mayes College? Apply today.
Student Learning Outcomes
Over 60% of the undergraduate students in the BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business program achieved good to excellent performance. This was measured by the faculty and external reviewers using the nationally recognized AACU VALUE rubrics for written and oral communication, critical thinking and teamwork for academic years 2012-2013 and 2013-2014.
Graduation and Retention
The graduation rate for undergraduate students entering the program in 2008-2009 was 70%, with a retention rate of 73%. This data is posted in a timeframe consistent with the 1990 Student Right to Know Act, which requires post-secondary institutions to report the percentage of students that complete their program within 150% of the normal completion time.
This is six years (as of May 2014) for our undergraduate students in the 2008-2009 cohort. Retention rate refers to the total of graduated students and active students.