The BS in pharmacology and toxicology program at University of the Sciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. The program introduces you to a fascinating world where new understanding and approaches to curing diseases are developed, and drugs and chemicals are tested for biological and environmental safety.
A Valuable Balance
Pharmacologists determine the medical effectiveness of drugs and medications, while toxicologists identify the adverse or toxic effects of chemicals. Members of each profession must balance risk against benefit in their crucial and important roles.
Why University of the Sciences Should Be Your First Choice
- Small class sizes
- Well-equipped laboratories to study how drugs work and why some are toxic
- Supervised independent research with highly qualified faculty
- A focus on developing analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Great prep for medical school: The basic courses required for admission to medical school are normally completed in the first two years of the program, and subsequent required and elective courses reinforce and extend much of this knowledge.
- A high concentration of pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government agencies in the greater Philadelphia area