Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Administration Research and Scholarship
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Administration faculty are contributing to the next generation of knowledge and are committed to providing you with opportunities for independent research and scholarly publications.
The array of research and scholarly activity is diverse, and complements focus areas within the department, such as:
- Medication use, adherence and safety
- Clinical and translational research
- Pharmacoeconomics and health outcomes
- Education research
University of the Sciences pharmacy students are strongly encouraged to engage in research and other scholarly activities conducted by faculty. The benefits are numerous.
- Gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, conducting research and data analysis.
- Collaborate with faculty and classmates in class and in the lab.
- Work with commonly used instrumentation and techniques.
Research by students:
- Is ideal preparation to continue your education in master’s and doctoral programs at USciences and elsewhere.
- Helps develop the skill set of a working scientist while still within the nurturing University environment.
- Imparts the tools necessary to identify problems and create solutions that will help you later in your educational and professional careers.