Learning Opportunities in Humanities and Science
The program’s unique combination of scientific and humanistic study inside and outside the classroom provides a strong foundation for continued intellectual development in both your personal and professional lives.
The Senior Capstone
You will participate in a senior capstone course in which you bring focus and coherence to your studies by completing a project that not only brings together your work in the various disciplines of the humanities but also shows the connections between the humanities and the natural sciences.
Beyond the Classroom
You'll gain practical experience through research projects and experiences that reach beyond the classroom. Recent USciences students have:
- Performed with the Jazz Ensemble, Wind Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, String Ensemble and Guitar Ensemble and Kingsessing Singers in public concerts
- Participated in master classes with professional musicians
- Attended art, theater, music and dance excursions
- Presented research in literature at the National Undergraduate Literature Conference
- Produced plays in the Philadelphia region
As a Humanities and Science major you may also choose to:
- Enroll in Study Abroad and Travel Study and take advantage of the University's partnership with New York University’s Study Abroad Program as well as the University’s own travel study courses to incorporate your scholarly interests with national and international travel.
- Take courses or applied music lessons through the USciences/UArts Student Exchange Agreement.
- Explore your musical talents by joining the many vocal and instrumental ensembles that are offered through the Music Program.
- Submit your poem, short stories, and more to The Elixir, the University’s literary magazine.
Each program at USciences has developed student learning goals. Graduates of the humanities and science program will achieve these learning outcomes.