One of only two programs of its kind in the region, our BS in Biomedical Sciences offering allows students to craft a personalized degree in the health concentration of their choice. The rigorous yet flexible curriculum offers a solid grounding in biomedical sciences along with a wide variety of electives to explore. Working closely with your advisor, you can choose among several possible degree tracks, including neuroscience, clinical science, plant science, and biotechnology. Research training gives you the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for careers in the lab.
Why University of the Sciences Should Be Your First Choice
- Ours is one of only two such Biomedical Sciences programs offered in the Philadelphia region—and the only one focused primarily on the health sciences.
- The flexible curriculum gives you time to decide on your specialty.
- Our program is your springboard to professional or graduate school, which could include one of the many world-class institutions affiliated with the University of the Sciences.
- Strong academic and research strengths here prepare you to succeed in the competitive international environment.
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and resources that are at the forefront of science.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction offers the chance to work closely with students and faculty in forensic science, physics, computer sciences, pharmacology/toxicology, and chemistry programs.
- Low student-to-faculty ratios provide for unparalleled access to our faculty, who are outstanding educators and researchers eager to facilitate your goals and provide opportunities for hands-on research.
- Many faculty members have colleagues or acquaintances within the academic, governmental, and private industry arenas, providing a rich array of contacts for you and opportunities for internships and field experience.
- The University of the Sciences offers many opportunities to do primary investigative research early in your undergraduate career. We regularly accommodate every academically strong student with the opportunity to do investigative laboratory research.