Biological Sciences Research
University of the Sciences' biological sciences programs combine scientific theory with research practices, so that you can apply what you are learning well before graduation. Because of our smaller student population, we offer many opportunities to do primary investigative research early in your undergraduate program, research that leads to publications and presentations at national meetings. Faculty will encourage these efforts and work closely with you on your projects..
- Gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct and analysis.
- Collaborate with faculty and classmates in class, in the lab and in the field.
- Work with commonly used instrumentation and techniques.
Research by students:
- Is ideal preparation for you to continue your education in master’s and doctoral programs at University of the Sciences and elsewhere.
- Helps develop the skill set of a working scientist while still within the nurturing University environment.
- Imparts the tools necessary to identify problems and create solutions that will help later in your educational and professional careers.
For more about specific research projects and publications within the Department of Biological Sciences, see the University research site and departmental faculty pages.