EAP - Horizon Health Employee Assistance Program
Legal and Financial Consultation and Referral Services
Your Horizon EAP benefit offers a feature through which you can receive consultation with legal and financial professionals for concerns that may arise in your life. These services are available for employees and their family members. Below is a description of some instances in which the services may help and how you can access them.
How Horizon’s Legal and Financial Services Can Help
Some of the issues that the legal services program can help members with include: family matters related to separation, divorce, child support, visitation, custody, or alimony; exploring consumer legal rights with regard to defective merchandise; poor workmanship by a contractor/mechanic; collecting money owed to you; credit problems such as dealing with collection agencies or the decision to seek bankruptcy protection; mediating with landlords; and assistance in planning your estate or parents’ estate by preparing a simple will, leading you through the legal maze concerning powers of attorney, and health care directives.
As this is an Employer- sponsored benefit, members (including spouses and dependents) may not use the legal services program to pursue legal action against their employers or for the purpose of starting their own businesses.
Some of the issues that the financial services program can help members with include the following situations: budgeting and saving advice, inheritance or estate taxes, dealing with retirement fund rollovers or transfers, and general investment questions.
How to Access Legal and Financial Benefits
Employees and family members may access benefits by calling the Horizon EAP at 1-800-865-3200. Services are provided by Horizon Health’s partner organization, Legal Access Plans.
Members may also access a library of literature on legal and financial topics by logging onto the HorizOnline website and following these instructions:
- Using a web browser, go to: http://www.myeap.com
Enter your User ID and password. If this is your first time accessing the HorizOnline site, create your own User ID and password by clicking “New User” and following the instructions.
- Your company Login ID is: hoeb6
- Click on the “Finance/Legal” tab near the top of the page.
- Click on “Legal/Financial Services” which is in the yellow box on the right of the screen under the “Resources” tab.
- In the last sentence under the heading “General Legal and Financial Advice”, click on “here”.
This will bring you to Legal Access Plans’ website where you will have access to a library of literature on legal and financial topics.
Legal and Financial Consultation Services Available through your Horizon EAP
- Unlimited number of FREE telephone consultations with legal professionals (1/2 hour each).
- Face-to-face consultation with legal professionals: first ½ hour FREE, 25% discounted fees for subsequent hours.
- Simple Will preparation with an attorney for members and their spouses: free.
- Will preparation which includes guardianship, a minor trust, living trusts or living wills, powers of attorney, or other complex issues: 25% discount.
- Simple Will preparation with an attorney for dependents and elder parents: 25% discount.
- Simple legal documents reviewed: 2 FREE per year (up to 4 pages each).
- Dispute resolution letters prepared or reviewed by a Plan Attorney: 2 FREE per year.
- Dispute resolution phone calls made by a Plan Attorney: 2 FREE per year.
- Additional legal work or representation: 25% discount on hourly rates.
- IRS Taxpayer dispute services: 3 consultations per year, ½ hour each.
- No discount on flat fees or contingency fees.
- First ½ hour (face to-face or telephonic) consultations with financial planners: 3 FREE sessions per year (free sessions must be for different topics).
- Follow-up consultations with financial planners, face-to-face or telephonic: discounted rates.
- Telephonic sessions with financial counselors, including family budget preparation: 3 FREE sessions per year.