The mission of University of the Sciences in Philadelphia is to educate students to become leaders and innovators in the sciences, the health professions, and emerging related disciplines. Building on our legacy as the nation’s first college of pharmacy, we provide excellence in teaching, research, and service.
We accomplish our mission by achieving the following objectives:
- Our graduates will have the knowledge, skills, and values to be successful in their professional careers.
- Through academic and personal development, our graduates will gain the intellectual, cultural, and ethical understanding and awareness needed to become leaders and innovators in a global society.
- Our students will embrace the value of service.
- The University will promote the advancement and dissemination of knowledge through teaching, research, and scholarly activity.
- The University will provide a student-centered learning and living environment.
- The University will foster and cultivate an environment of respect and appreciation for diversity among people, cultures, and ideas.
- The University will be an active partner with our local communities to promote the values and practice of responsible citizenship.
- The University will commit itself to institutional effectiveness and continuous improvement throughout the organization.